“Life’s too short to drink bad coffee.”
The comment came from my Bestie Bev, who was pretty much appalled that I would reheat a cup of old coffee so as not to waste it. Although it was just a brief and not particularly profound moment in life, that statement is one I think of (and quote) often. It reminds me to keep my priorities straight and has helped me make big and little decisions in life when I struggle with choosing to take chances/risks/spend money or to play it safe and stay home.
So over the past week, I asked my Facebook friends and followers to share their beliefs about what life’s too short to, or not to, do, think, believe, etc.
Here is what they said:
Life’s too short
1. not to laugh at yourself. Eventually, you get old. And then you know, without hesitation, that you have taken yourself far too seriously for far too many
2. to be someone’s option when you should be a priority.
3. to worry about dog hair.
4. to eat food you don’t like.
5. to waste time worrying about little things.
6. not to buy the good toilet paper.
6. not treat yourself to a mani/pedi, sleep in when you can, and eat that really awesome dessert that looks like it was made just for you!
7. not to dance when you want to.
8. to have uncomfortable shoes or an uncomfortable bed because if you’re not in one, you’re in the other.
9. to eat fat free mayo.
10. to sleep too late and miss out on life.
11. to try to be someone you’re not.
12. to argue over money.
13. to be serious all the time.
14. to waste time folding your underwear.
15. to hold a grudge.
16. to waste time matching your socks.
17. to spend time with people who steal your happiness.
18. to sweat unless you’re exercising.
19. to be petty.
20. to waste time trying to MAKE others happy, especially when they don’t want to be.
21. to be negative all the time.
22. to dwell on what you coulda, shoulda, or woulda done.
23. to waste time hating someone, you give them too much power over you.
24. to try to achieve perfection.
25. to be disappointed.
26. to focus on mistakes instead of lessons learned.
27. not to tell others what you need from them.
28. to work a job you hate.
29. to regret anything.
30. to worry, but especially about things you can’t control.
31. to care what others think more than what you think.
32. to live in the past.
33. to live someone else’s dream.
34. not to smile at strangers.
35. to stress yourself out unnecessarily
36. to be vain.
37. not to laugh out loud.
38. to keep fighting the same pointless fight.
39. not to be grateful.
40. to stand in line.
41. to be anything less than content.
42. to ignore valuable lessons.
43. to have enemies.
44. to be cranky, especially to others who aren’t.
45. to put off your dreams.
46. not to ask for help if you need it.
47. to seek stuff instead of seeking to better yourself.
48. not to tell others how you feel.
49. to give up.
50 to not remember every day how short life is and to make the most of it.