WHY HIRE A CSP?
According to the National Speakers Association, the CSP™ designation is the speaking profession’s highest earned international measure of professional platform competence. When speakers earn the CSP™ designation, meeting professionals looking to hire the best of the best will see their commitment to the profession, know they have top-notch speaking abilities, and have a proven track record of professionalism and success.
How Does a Speaker Earn the CSP™ Designation?
The CSP™ designation is earned by mastering four professional competencies:
- Eloquence – The art of speaking and the use of powerful and persuasive presentations.
- Expertise – The knowledge, skills, and experience in a specific area.
- Enterprise – The purposeful undertaking of a successful speaking business venture.
- Ethics – The principles or standards governing the conduct of those in the speaking profession.
Every CSP™ must…
- Maintain membership in one of the 14 member associations of the GSF and subscribe to their Code of Professional Ethics.
- Serve a specific number of clients within a five year period.
- Show a certain level of earnings each year for a minimum of five years.
- Present hundreds of professional speaking engagements.
- Continue education in the professional speaking field.
- Receive excellent ratings on performance evaluations from past clients.
- Receive excellent ratings on performance evaluations from fellow Certified Speaking Professionals.
- Maintain and renew their designation every 5 years.
How Many Speakers Hold the CSP Designation?
Fewer than 12 percent of the 5,000+ speakers worldwide, who belong to the 14 member associations of the Global Speakers Federation (GSF), currently hold the Certified Speaking Professional designation. When you hire a CSP™ , you’re hiring a speaker who is acknowledged to be one of the best in the profession.