As far as I’m concerned, communication is the key to success in everything we do. From our relationships to our work, communication is what keeps us moving forward, learning, growing, overcoming obstacles, and it’s what makes life worth living.
The abundance of quotes on the topic proves to me that I’m on to something, so I thought I’d share some of my favorite quotes on communication in the hopes that they inspire you, give you some food for thought, and most of all, keep the importance of communication in your mind and heart every day.
10. “Communication is a skill that you can learn. It’s like riding a bicycle or typing. If you’re willing to work at it, you can rapidly improve the quality of every part of your life.”
– Brian Tracy
9. “To effectively communicate, we must realize that we are all different in the way we perceive the world and use this understanding as a guide to our communication with others.”
– Tony Robbins
8. “The most basic of all human needs is the need to understand and be understood. The best way to understand people is to listen to them.”
– Ralph Nichols
7. “Don’t use words too big for the subject. Don’t say infinitely when you mean very; otherwise you’ll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite.”
– C.S. Lewis
6. “If you have nothing to say, say nothing.”
– Mark Twain
5. “Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something.”
4. “Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.”
– Mother Theresa
3. “Speak when you are angry — and you’ll make the best speech you’ll ever regret.”
– Laurence Peters
2. “The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.”
– George Bernard Shaw
1. “The most important thing in communication is hearing what isn’t said.”
What’s your favorite communication quote? Comment and add it to my list!